Invisalign in Miami: What to Expect & How to Get Started
At Miami Cosmetic and Sedation Dentistry, Dr. Bana begins the Invisalign process by using the iTero Element scanner to give you a 3D representation of what their teeth look like currently, along with a simulation of what you can expect them to look like after the process has ended. Molded impressions and photographs will also be used, which creates a road map for Dr. Bana to follow throughout the treatment process.
The Invisalign treatment achieves the same results as conventional metal braces but without the metal brackets and wires! Instead, Invisalign uses a series of clear plastic aligners to apply pressure and gently shift teeth into their desired location. This method has many advantages, including:
- The use of aligner trays instead of metal brackets.
- The aligners are removable, so even though you need to wear them for most of the day (20-22 hours) you can actually take them out for eating, cleaning, and for special occasions. Regular braces are permanently cemented in place.
- You will get a new set of Invisalign aligners approximately every two weeks. Each set will be slightly different to slowly move your teeth into a better position.
- Removing Invisalign aligners makes oral care, like brushing your teeth, easier than if you have metal braces for better oral and periodontal health.
- Invisalign may work best on simpler cases but it can often work faster than braces.
Dr. Bana and his staff are dedicated to helping you improve your smile, and we hope to see you soon. If you have any additional questions about this procedure, please call our office to schedule a consultation today!
Continue on to read the full video transcript.
Hi friends, this is Dr. Ramon Bana from Miami Sedation and Cosmetic Dentistry. A lot of people always ask, “what is the process for Invisalign?”
The process starts right here with our iTero Element scanner which allows us to scan a patient’s mouth and be able to give them a 3D representation of what their teeth look like now, and a simulation of what their teeth can look like at the end of the treatment.
Any other questions, please refer to our website, as we are going to expand on all of this information.
About Ramon Bana, DDS
Dr. Bana’s patients describe him as down-to-earth, professional and full of heart. He is talented and strives to make each patient leave the office feeling better than when they arrived. Patient comfort is his top priority, and patients say they feel like extended family. He is dedicated to his practice, patients and team – and it shows. Dr. Bana loves coming to work because his work changes people for the better. Patients leave his care healthier, happier and with brighter smiles.